Anders,

emane does not create nor require lxc containers[1]. The emane-tutorial
uses lxc containers to create a number of network-stack and process
space isolated "nodes" in order to run emane demonstrations with
routing, as an aid to understanding how the emulator works.

The emane-tutorial targets a wide audience. The test flow environment it
uses is very simple. It uses a makefile hierarchy to create all the
configuration required to run the demonstrations - all living in their
respective demonstration-id sub-directories.

We use a number of deployment mechanisms based on client requirements:
heavy weight virtualization, light weight (lxc and docker), and physical
node clusters. We also use a much more formal test environment than what
is used in the emane-tutorial. None of this matters to emane.

[1]
https://github.com/adjacentlink/emane/wiki/FAQ#does-emane-require-virtualization

Note: Later versions of lxc require you to sudo the lxc-* commands to
access privileged container information.

--
Steven Galgano
Adjacent Link LLC