On 24 May 2013 15:38, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com> wrote:

> I object to changing it in 2.5, but i don't object to changing it in master
> (if you test it and make sure none of the sample configs break).

I can't test every sample config, I don't have all the hardware.
I can confirm that a gitweb grep indicates that the string
"home-state" only exists in docs and the line of code that creates the
parameter.

> We're way too deep into the 2.5 release to change stuff like this.  Pins and
> parameters do behave differently, and while we may not have any configs that
> care, we don't know what our users are doing.  I can imagine (for example)
> setups that use scripts to look at 'halcmd show', that would get confused if
> axis.N.home-state moved from the Parameters list to the Pins list, so these
> hypothetical users would be affected by the change.

I see your point. I differ on the assessment of the risk:benefit ratio.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.