On 24 May 2013 16:43, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com> wrote:

> 2.5.0 is over a year old now, and we're nowhere near releasing 2.6.  One
> thing i'd like to do at the hackfest is talk about what features people want
> in 2.6, and come up with some sort of plan for getting those features in and
> stabilizing the 2.6 branch.

I assume that this is in addition to things already present in "master"?

I guess it is safe to assume that we will stay with Ubuntu and that
this release will target the 12.04 release?
I would think that the main candidate New Feature is probably the
Xenomai / RT_PREEMPT stuff.

Is there any scope for finally "main-branching" joints_axes3? It
appears to offer some really rather useful extra features.

Distributing configs for RPi and BeagleBone is also an interesting
option that could be considered. (With the caveat that RPi is unlikely
ever to be particularly useful)

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.