Kent,

Am 06.06.2013 um 21:19 schrieb Kent A. Reed <kentallanr...@gmail.com>:

> Gentle persons:
>
> My interest has been tweaked by several remarks made about performance
> on the BeagleBone Black. I've started a page
> (https://sites.google.com/site/manisbutareed/beaglebone-black-linuxcnc)
> and to kick it off posted some gross characterizations of the burden
> imposed by various LinuxCNC GUIs and use of SSH/X11 Forwarding.

very interesting writeup! very much in line with my observations

I have so far run with a remote X display directly  (i.e. without ssh
tunneling) by setting DISPLAY on the bb and enabling connect on the X server,
so no sshd overhead but more involved startup

also interesting to note - the core parts (milltask and the interpreter
embedded therein, plus rtapi_app and usercomps) use negligable CPU compared to
GUIs

- Michael