>just to be clearer: I can run the original qpocket with the / lines
>activated and it will not work, the entry point and lead in are always
>wrong. I tried with simple square pockets of varying sizes and it bugs.
>So, if there is a way to get toolpath compensation working, let me know
>but so far it just looks like the generated path is wrong. If someone
>could give an example of use of qpocket.ngc that works with path
>compensation enabled, that will cetainly help me a lot...

i just installed a recent  2.5.3 precise simulator deb from the buildbot on a
laptop
running xubuntu (quantal):

http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/dists/precise/v2.5_branch-sim/binary-i386/linuxcnc-sim_2.5.3.92.gab7e013_i386.deb

and ran an the unmodified configs/sim/ngcgui/ngcgui.ini example with a one inch
square

 http://www.panix.com/~dgarrett/stuff/qpocket_setup.png
 http://www.panix.com/~dgarrett/stuff/qpocket_run.png

so it works for me --  we need to know more about your configuration and the
parameters
used for qpocket
--
Dewey Garrett