On Friday 28 February 2014 00:45:20 Marius Liebenberg did opine:

> Guys, no comments here?
>
> On 2014-02-27 07:35, Marius Liebenberg wrote:
> > Hi
> > After discussion on the users forum, it would seem that  there are
> > several users that would find the feature of including sub INI files,
> > into the main file, by means of a #INCLUDE, of great value.
> >
> > Briefly, when a user does testing on a regular basis or provide
> > support to other users, it many times requires a custom setup of the
> > INI file. Now if you have done a number of setups you will have parts
> > of the INI file for various type of machines. If one can split the
> > INI files into sections like a header, display, sub display or tabs,
> > Hal section etc, the user can then compile the INI file by including
> > the correct choice of items. This might not be a good thing for a
> > beginner but advanced users will find this handy.
> >
> > Some suggestions and scripts were provided to do this with make or a
> > stand alone script. Although these solutions provide the desired end
> > result, it makes editing very difficult.

I would much rather see a facility of some sort that would allow the
reloading of just a selected few bits of an ini or hal file.  As it is, it
order to use my homing gage to rezero a boring bar or the very similar bar
equipt to bore internal threads.  This bit of doing a full shutdown and a
full rezero after changing directories to the new config, whose main
difference other than the home positions, in my case still TBD because its
a PIMA to do mostly, when all I really need is to change the x home
direction, park position so I can remove the gauge and offsets to 0.000
when the cutting edge is in the front side of the bar, opposite where its
at when turning.  There might be 10 items all told that would be different,
the rest of the setup is still valid and if its keyword is not in the new
file, it remains unchanged.

That to me would be handier than bottled beer.  However, the piecemeal
assembly of an include per axis or function that you are proposing would
appear to be a major step toward doing what I would like to do.

My heavily discounted 2 cents worth, Marius.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.