On Wednesday 07 October 2015 19:31:06 Gene Heskett wrote:

You might want to whistle in the S & R dogs and drink that barrel of
whiskey yourselves, I think I have found it.

The whole back panel that carries the card holddown brackets is A,
somewhat of a sloppy fit as the whole thing is a slide-out panel.  B, It
contains a plastic cam latch that supposedly locks the card brackets
screw slot onto a tit sticking up at the same location one normally
expects to see a holddown screw.  My wrestling with a recalcitrant tight
fitting DB-25, combined with a few bumps against the wall behind it as I
was restoring its position on the shelf, had both flipped the plastic
cam loose, and jacked the cards rear end up out of the mainboard socket
so it wasn't being recognized by an lspci.

So I need to figure a way to nail it down solid enough it can't be pried
out of the socket while wiggling that connector on & off.

[...]

My apologies & thanks guys.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)