I gave it a quick try last night, latency was on par with my Wheezy install,
around 15000. Every time I open LinuxCNC I get the RTAPI: ERROR: Unexpected
real-time delay on task 1. My normal base thread is 35000, I kept increasing
this up to 100000 but continued to get the error.
I will see if the machine (software stepper) moves tonight.

On December 2, 2015 2:12:36 AM GMT+11:00, Sebastian Kuzminsky
<s...@highlab.com> wrote:
>On 11/30/2015 04:35 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
>> On 11/30/15 3:33 PM, Alec Ari wrote:
>>> Which IPIPE revision is this? There are a few key difference between
>>> IPIPE releases and it'd be a smart idea to somehow integrate the
>>> IPIPE kernel release into the deb package version or release notes
>>> somewhere. That way people don't need to go to
>>> /usr/src/rtai-kern-source/arch/x86/include/asm/ipipe.h and grep for
>>> IPIPE_CORE_RELEASE
>>
>> Good idea, i'll add that to the package Description.
>>
>> The the linux-image-3.16.0-9-rtai-686-pae kernel (version
>"5linuxcnc")
>> uses the hal-linux-3.16.7-x86-5.patch from rtai Vulcano, which is
>based
>> on IPIPE_CORE_RELEASE 5.
>
>Ok, the description for the linux-image deb now says this at the end:
>
>This kernel includes the RTAI patch "hal-linux-3.16.7-x86-5.patch" from
> rtai.org, based on IPIPE_CORE_RELEASE 5.
>
>Alec, is there any other info you think would be useful there?
>

>--
>Sebastian Kuzminsky

Sent from my Nexus 5 with K-9 Mail