On Sunday 21 October 2018 09:31:34 Peter C. Wallace wrote:

> >> The PID component changed a few months ago, so if your stepgen uses
> >> the PID component and you updated the LinuxCNC version recently,
> >> you may need to make some minor changes in the hal file
> >> (disconnecting the pid.N.command-deriv pins)
> >
> > Done, Peter but not tested as motor power is hand controlled on that
> > machine. As it is on the other 2, only the pi can power things up
> > via an ssh login.
> >
> > Thanks Peter. Is there a new man page? I think I may be looking at
> > the old one.
>
> The PID manual page is correct
>
> (it always was, its the PID component that has been patched to match
> the documented behaviour)

Ah so, said the half-blind guy while calling up a copy of geany to put my
following errors back to the previous normal. :)

And since the feedback is from the stepgens, not a motor encoder, it
happily runs at over 100 ipm with the former error settings. Without
motor power right now. :)

However, Andy said he pushed a function key fix, but I didn't get it with
an update just now. I assume the buildbot hasn't run yet. Tomorrow
maybe?

Thanks Peter.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett