Can someone please explain to me, who is used to using a spinx1 for the
pwmgen output to analog voltage conversion, just how in tuncket the 7i76
works? I just now found out, when I tried to redirect a 5i25 pwmgen
output pin and found from the error  msg as it died, that
hm2_5i25.0.7i76.spinout is a float input!

In Other Words, pwmgen.0. in the 5i25 is driveing /dev/null.  So I fed
the hm2_5i25.0.pwmgen.0.value to hm2_5i25.0.7i76.spinout and can now
read it there with a halmeter.  But I've no clue what sort of a float it
wants to use the full voltage range of tb4's spindle- to tb4's spindle+
at tb4's spindle-out.

The document on the 7i76 seems to be totally mute on this. Can some who
knows please explain?

To say I am bumfuzzled at this revelation is putting it mildly if this
does indeed bring the ENA and DIR outputs on tb4 to life, which are not
responding with spinout at 0.00000000. I'll have to recalibrate scales
and gains at several locations in nearly a 800 LOC hal file.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)