Andy, I appreciate your vote of confidence :). It would be nice to have
push access, though I'm happy to go through a pull request / review process
if anyone else has interest in testing / reviewing my changes in a
reasonable time. I think having motion / TP unit tests will be a big help
here, since the manual testing burden won't be so large.

As for the TODO list, my fixes for 2.7 / 2.8 are all gathered here, ready
for merging:

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/pull/581

I know we prefer to avoid significant development on 2.7, but I believe
these fixes are sorely needed there. There should not be any breaking
changes in this branch. Behavioral changes (like warning the user that
their G33 spindle speed is too high) shouldn't be a problem. Running the
program as is will make a bad part anyway. Users doing threading want the
pitch that was promised (Azor Ahai?).

Best,
Rob