Hi all,

I'm working out the design for the Yaskawa Sigma V absolute encoders.

Within hostmot2-firmware,

I've been studying the code and I'm not sure of the exact interface between
the mesa pci cards and linuxcnc.

It seems that the pci card is mapping registers into memory and that each
module is reserving a register address so that the hostmot2 driver knows
where to look for them to control them.

In IDROMConst.vhd, I'm looking for register address space to use. But I'm
getting the feeling that it is all used up. Perhaps that is the reason that
pkuart chose to use the same address's as the uart module.

The DPLLFreqLowAddr comments "note overlaps translate RAM" and "will fix in
the greate re-alignment"....

 Does anyone know what the great re-alignment will be?

Can anyone shed some light on the addressing scheme used with the mesa
cards. Any other overview of how it works would be useful too.

Thanks,
   Curt