Hi Andy,

thank you for your fast response!

On Samstag, 18. April 2020, 16:17:56 CEST andy pugh wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 at 15:12, Reinhard <reinha...@schwarzrot-design.de>
wrote:
> > what is the preferred way to set fixture offset (coordinate values) from
> > ui?
>
> Looking at the code, none of the existing UIs uses the NML message.

Hm, for me an UI is to hide complicated stuff from user and help on easy use.
So I'd prefer nml as it is invisible to the user.
... and currently every actions from my app goes through nml.

Another question: when I'm editing files, tools or fixtures, the application
state is set to manual.
When I send the nml to change fixture offset, I get the error, that backend
can't do that in manual mode.

May be I misunderstood manual mode?

Which mode is appropriate to send such a non-motion nml-message?

Reinhard