Hi Stuart,

thank you for your attention!

On Dienstag, 19. Mai 2020, 17:42:39 CEST Stuart Stevenson wrote:
> The stop spindle command on line 20 seems correct to me as stopping and
> starting the spindle should be part of the total tool change routine and
> come between the start change and end change commands.

Ok, that makes sense.

> As for the 21 and 5 commands I can only guess. It is possible the 21 and 5
> are pocket numbers to handle a random tool change sequence.

Hm, that can't be true. As far as I understand random tool changers, random
toolchanging only works with a gripper, that can hold two tools at the same
time.
Result is then, that the tool from spindle goes into the slot of the tool,
that now goes into the spindle. That means, that only one pocket is used on
toolchange.
Well, a well designed toolchanger software would reserve two slots for the
gripper, so that each tool has a pocket at any time and can't get lost in case
of hardware or user failure.
But those gripper-slots should be different from the slots that hold tools.

When I start linuxcnc, axis says: no tool loaded. So no pocket to occupy on
tool change.

... and from tool table: tool 21 is in slot 5 and tool 30 is in slot  21.
Neither tool 21 nor tool 31 are mentioned in gcode file, so a random
toolchanger can't use these slots for whatever reason.

> Shrugs shoulders

So we are two :)

Thanks for your reply.

cheers Reinhard