What has been overlooked  so far is that there is still no buildbot version
for 2.9 on Bullseye so its increasingly difficult to deploy Linuxcnc on
newer hardware that requires say 5.10 kernel and higher. Buildbot is a long
way behind current kernel versions.

It's all very fine to support older distros so users don't have to upgrade
but what about new users on new hardware? These users currently have no
choice but to compile from source or use the Sid or Bookworm releases.

If there is a bunch of work to do to fix buildbot, wouldn't that effort be
better directed into releasing 2.9 as our official release via Debian in
time for the bookworm release? The version freeze is not really far away so
now would be a good time to get the new release rolling.

To me it seems buildbot is pretty much redundant as it's not adding value
on current versions of the OS which newer hardware enforces.

Rod Webster
*1300 896 832*
+61 435 765 611
Vehicle Modifications Network