On 9/5/22 04:56, Steffen Moeller wrote:
I do not see the LinuxCNC buildbot in conflict with the Debian-upload
of LinuxCNC. Ideally one would add the buildbot repository to the
Debian repository and then decides what version to install - and one
could go back to the earlier version with no hassle.

Agreed. For this to work, we need to synchronize the package version numbers (including the epoch) between the debs at debian.org and the ones at linuxcnc.org.

Petter suggested starting a discussion on debian-devel about the best way to go about this, i'll try to write that email today.

All the releases and point-releases should be uploaded to the distribution. Backports as we see fit.

Agreed 100%.

Note that because of dependencies, 2.8 can't go into any distro newer than Buster, and 2.9 (aka master) can't go into any distro older than Bullseye.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky