Yeah we really should build actual deb packages from the current 2.9 branch
and upload them to debian. Even though not all "2.9 must fix" issues are
resolved, the current 2.9 is much better than that what is currently in
debian. Much better in this case means that the majority of sample configs
resp. GUIs are running which is not the case with the current version of
LinuxCNC in debian.