On Wed, 11 Oct 2023 at 20:33, Rod Webster <r...@vehiclemods.net.au> wrote:

> Look, I am only a casual programmer that dabbles on the fringes. You
> guys are going to do what you want to do. But the point I wanted to
> make is there are likely many cases you have not considered that could
> break and some of them won't have an active maintainer. I still don't
> understand why you want to give up one of C's strengths when
> interfacing with hardware and that is the rich variety of type
> definitions available.

I am sure that there will be things that I have not considered, but I
feel that the use of 4 different types of integer HAL pins just leads
to unnecessary type conversions and inconvenience.

If lcec has no active maintainer, then where do folk get packages
from?  If they are building from source then I currently expect my
proposed changes (_at_this_point_) to be pretty much transparent.

Please consider that HAL pins themselves only provide links between
HAL components, they do not themselves interface with any hardware.

--
atp
lunatics."