Hi guys;

Tonight I was quite aggravated, editing some gcode, seeing the edit was good before I saved, but it was not making it to linuxcnc as it was loading 2 week old code. So I did some checking to see if I could get the edited code into it.

What I found may not actually be linuxcnc, but in linux itself. All the indications are that its a stale cache problem. The only way to get the edited code into linuxcnc is to use the pulldown to load it by displayed name, which apparently, because it has to show the dir contents, is the only way to refresh the cache. Can you somehow cause a cache flush and reread of the dir when the reload icon is clicked on? Lose the inode info by reloading the file by name maybe? That sould fix whats turned into a major aggravation, reloading old code.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis