On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 at 15:44, Ted <laser...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking to be able to share some large [fixed] co-ordinate value
> arrays between a realtime component, but source it from an external flat
> file (via a complementary userspace component).

Is this related to wanting to do height mapping, or laser rastering,
or something?

Whilst this could be done with shared memory, you might also want to
look at using the HAL port to send the data serially.

This is how the "raster" HAL component does it:
https://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/raster.9.html

Both the HAL "port" and the raster comp are pretty new. HAL ports are
new in 2.9 and the raster comp is still only in master/2.10

--
atp
lunatics."