On 4/9/24 09:02, andy pugh wrote:
Apart from anything else, I am not sure that it is a standard.

This is based on bug report #2956. Our current behaviour does not match the
NIST RS274 interpreter "report" from 2000.

The last actual "RS" standard (ie the RS in RS274) was issued in the 1970s.
There is an ISO standard from 1982, and then the NIST EMC report from 2000.

My own feeling is that any deliberate deviation from the NIST v3 report is
not a "bug" as such, and that perhaps we should simply close the "bug" as a
"feature".

Has anyone else looked at this bug report? What do you think?

https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/2956

Currently we can click on a history line, re-use it or edit it before clicking on go or hitting enter. We are used to it. Please do not change it if the change disables our ability to edit before reuse.

Cheers, Gene Heskett, CET.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis