Larry Barnette wrote:

> Does this standard ring a bell with anyone?  I do not know the context, but
> it is supposidly an EMI standard.
>
> I was asked to look into it in regards to one of our products.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Larry Barnette
> Compliance Engineer
> Instrument Associates
> 2455 Harbor Ave.
> Memphis, Tenn. USA 38113

Larry

DEF-STAN 59-41 is the EMC standard used by the UK Army, Navy and Airforce
for procurement of equipment.  It is a large standard in 8 parts.  Part
three, Technical requirements, test methods and limits, has 21
supplements detailing the tests - sometimes they are common between the
services, sometimes special to a particular environment.  Other parts
provide good guidance on EMC techniques.

The standard is published by the UK Ministry of Defence in Glasgow.  A
contact phone number is +44 141 248 7890.

Best wishes

Brian Jones