My comments are the rock in the big pond.  YES.

However, just back from INTER COMM 97.

Anybody who thinks that in three years from now, when PCS is taking hold, when
CATV companies offer dial tone and telcos are offering TV, we will be operating
the old T1 pipe infrastructure, is ready for a rude awakening.

We are in for a VERY competitive ICT (Information and Communications
Technologies)
business period, that will involve a restructuring of our infrastructures.  You
won't even be
able to sell the equipment as second hand equipment to developing countries.
They'll be
leapfrogging those technologies.

IEC-950 and its derivatives (EN 60 950, UL 1950, CSA 950) will probably have to
change as
well.  They were never intended for the technologies we are inventing as we go.

Aren't I lucky that I am part of an interesting world in my dotage.

Ciao,

Vic

Buy stock in equipment and software providers.  Sell stock in competing service
providers
you don't believe will make it.  VB