ITS has done several research projects regarding 2.4GHz LAN products.

In the US, the products require CERTIFICATION of compliance with parts
15.109, 15.209, 15.107, 15.249. Safety requirements are per UL 1950,
as you mention.

In Europe, radio type approval, and EMC type examination is required
(reference ETS 300 328). Most countries accept these approvals without
additional testing, but application must be made to the authority in
the individual country. Safety requirements are per EN 60950.

The general requirements for the devices are:

2.4465-2.4835 GHz
100mW; 1mW/MHz (DSSS); 100mW/MHz (FHSS)

ITS can provide additional information, such as required national
agencies, and labeling requirements, and can arrange testing that is
required.

Bob Martin
Sr. Technical Manager
Intertek Testing Services
(978)263-2662
fax(978)263-7086
r...@itsqs.com

The opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of my
employer.