Hi,

>Ed Price said: "I have heard of active cancellation equipment which can
generate a phase shifted image of the offending signal and locally radiate
this signal so as to create a limited "null" zone. How big of a null zone,
the uniformity of cancellation, the stability and agility of the
cancellation and the cost/complexity of the equipment are all unknown to
me.

>I wonder if any in our group has every tried active cancellation?"

A friend of mine told me a few years ago that the active cancellation
technology was successfully applied in Acoustics. IF it is true, I guess
the difficulty to transplant it to Electromagnetic is that Acoustic field
is scalar, whereas EM fields are vectors.

Best Regards,
Barry Ma

-------------
Original Text
From: "Muriel Bittencourt de Liz" <mur...@inep.ufsc.br>, on 9/22/98 1:35
PM:
Hello all,

I'm doing my measurements of conducted emissions using a Spectrum
Analyser, but my site isn't shielded, i.e. some interferences ( radio
stations ) appear at the screen of the SA. So, i'm doing this: i record
the signal with the product tested at "off" and when i turn the product
"on", i subtract the signal of "on" minus the signal of "off". this
means that i subtract the "ambient noise" from the noise being generated
by the product itself.

What i really want to know is: is this procedure correct? am i doing a
nonsense thing?

Any comments will be welcome.

thanks

Muriel

 Muriel Bittencourt de Liz
 INEP - Instituto de Eletronica de Potencia
 Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
 Caixa Postal - 5119
 88.040-970 - Florianopolis - SC - BRASIL
 Phone: +55.48.331.9204 - Fax: +55.48.234.5422
 e-mail:   mur...@inep.ufsc.br
 Homepage:   http://www.inep.ufsc.br