Hi all!

What is the IEC 38 standard?  How does it apply to a supply spec
requirement "AC 230 V standard voltage per IEC 38"?  Does it pertain
to the +- input tolerance(s) or is it a safety standard?

A quick search of the net shows a few references w/o detail.

I am appealing again to your vast knowledge.
I find as I have since I started school the more I know the more I
find I don't.  Or said another way the more know the more I need to
know.

Thanks in advance.

I have been enjoying the threads lately as usual.  As to the ambient
how often do they really add exactly on top of the UUT.  The
frequency of clocks are often a skew enough that you can catch them
by off and on checks of the UUT and a narrow span.  That is with
caution as to not damage to the SA by disconnecting the SA during
the UUT off/ on cycle. Conducted emissions can be a problem as was
stated if the power line is not filtered properly , as I learned
trusting a precompliance LISNs line filter and connection to the
Ground plane is important.  But for us poor precompliance testers
some times all we can do is work late of come in early.

I remember one time working in my back yard 6am Sat , in the
ignorant early days, in an effort to avoid ambients.  I was fat dome
and happy until about 9am when the cell phones hit the road on the
highway about half a mile away.  Not to mention the lack of a ground
plane caused me to miss some broad band signals.  But that was an
EMC LIFE time ago.  Now I have a ground plane and more experience it
does take time a caution working in and around ambient signals.  At
times I have had to go to the engineers next door and install line
filters on their test setup.  Fun!

Remember as an old friend, 85, said to me `enjoy every day it's the
only one we have today'.

 Best to you all.
Best regards,
Terry J. Meck