From:   Eric Henning[SMTP:henn...@fp.com]
Sent:   Saturday, June 27, 1998 4:20 AM
To:     emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject:        signal wire  300V  600V?

We supply a piece of cabling between one of our fluid measurements
meters (electronics with a remote sensor).  One wire supplies 45Vdc and
three other wires are for signal level.  our instruction book states
this bundeled cable must be installed
in conduit.  all wires used are used well within their specs.

my question is,  if this wire is run in its own conduit can it be rated
300V?  An inspector in Oregon is telling me it has to be 600V wire as he
is calling it Cl I wire.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

eric
henn...@fp.com