Barry -

I know of only two reasons and one wild speculation on why flushing a toilet
would cause the computer to reboot -

1.      See if they have installed an automatic flusher on their toilet and
if it is on the same circuit as the PC. If this is the case then a line
conditioner between the PC and the outlet should solve the problem.

2.      If the customer lives in a rural area, they may have a boost pump to
maintain the water pressure in the house. My parents have one at their place
and every time it starts they have a mini brownout (they have a 100A service
box!). If the PC and the boost pump share the same circuit well we can guess
what will happen. A UPS is the best solution. The smallest one on the market
should do the trick.

3.      The wild Speculation - The house has grounding wire connected to the
pipes directly and the pipes don't provide a proper ground (plastic or dry
dirt). When the toilet is flushed the water makes an electrical connection
through the metal pipes in the house and the cast iron drain pipe running
under the house. This would generate a spike on the grounding pin of the PC
and causing it to reboot. Solution - have a licensed electrical contractor
upgrade the electrical system with the proper grounding technique for the
geographical area.

Mike