From:   Woolf, Bill
Sent:   Friday, July 09, 1999 1:56 PM
To:     Knighten, Jim L; Rostek, Paul M; Canizal, Julio C; Fan, Jun
Cc:     Smith, Norm W
Subject:        RE: EMC Detective and Flushing Toilet

Jim,

I suspect the problem is related to the unequal resistance in the plumbing
of the house, creating "resistive gaps" and possible ground faults in the
electrical wiring of the house.  Many homes falsely rely on the plumbing
lines to provide a good ground for the electrical systems.  These things can
happen, you know, with old houses and cheap home repairs.  The ground faults
appear to be causing emission problems which I'm sure you have seen before.

After an exhaustive search of the WEB I came up with the follow article
which I believe will fully explain the root cause:

http://web.raex.com/~colombo/pipe.htm
<http://web.raex.com/~colombo/pipe.htm>

Bill