There is some drag established in the tube, so drill several holes along the
length, to let the air our. One of the NRTLs questioned us when using the
tube without the holes, and then suggested putting them in.

You can also make the tube slightly longer, and then drill a hole through
both sides at the top. Place a screwdriver or something similar through the
holes, and rest the ball on top. You now have a simple release mechanism.

James Goedderz
Sensormatic