The standard GR-1089-CORE is available for purchase in electronic media at
http://www.bellcore.com/BC.dynjava?BellcoreHomeHomeGeneralHome
If you go into the into the Information Superstore and do a keyword search
for
GR-1089-CORE you get to the following summary:

Document Number GR-1089
Issue Number 02
Issue Date Dec 1997
Product Type Industry Requirements And Standards (RS)
Replaces TA-NWT-001089 Issue02
Component of FR-2063, FR-440, FR-64
ORDERING INFORMATION

ABSTRACT: This Generic Requirements (GR) document contains the
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and electrical safety criteria, that in
Bellcore's view, are necessary for equipment to perform safely and reliably
in the environment of a Telecommunications Service Provider.
Components of this product are:
GR-1089-CORE

The cost is $350 and they accept the major credit cards.

As Gary indicated the EMC testing is significant but it also gets into
electrical
safety requirements. Also as Gary indicated equipment specified to meet this
requirement
often have to meet the Bellcore NEBS GR-63-CORE requirements. This standard
covers
such things as Operation Temperature and Humidity, Altitude, Heat
Dissipation, Flame
Resistance, Fire testing, Use of fire-resistant Material, Smoke Corrosivity,
Equipment
Shock, Earthquake, Vibration, Contamination. This standard itself is fairly
extensive
and if your customer is not asking for it I would not worry about it, but
you should
be aware of it. GR-63-CORE can be found at the Bellcore Site as well.