From: George Tang [mailto:gt...@convergenet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 1999 8:24 PM
To: Westerdahl, Eric
Cc: 'EMI-PS Group'
Subject: Re: Conductive Coating

There are many different types of conductive coatings available.  Silver
paint
is
very conductive, less than 5 ohms per square inch.  But it is not as scratch
resistant
as sheet metal surfaces.  Electroless copper / nickel plating is very
conductive and
durable.  You can get as low as 1 ohm per square inch.  If you don't, your
plating
is not thick enough.  This plating should pass the safety fault current
test,
as long as
the safety ground wire makes "surface area" contact with the plating and not
"point"
contact.  This plating has 60 dB shielding effectiveness for frequencies
above
30 MHz,
since it is much thicker than the skin depth.  You need the thickness for
the
safety fault
current.  The best feature of the plating is that it allows you to mold your
chassis into
one piece of plastic with no extra metal pieces to assemble.  It's kinda
nice
that way.  :-)

go to www.ccoatings.com

or call (972) 851-0460