From: Kamran Mohajer <kmoha...@cisco.com>
To: <emc-p...@ieee.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 1999 7:50 AM
Subject: Temperature Measuring of Magnetic Components

> Hello EMC-PSTCers,
>
> I wonder if anyone knows of the method of measuring temperature limits on
magnetic components.  I happen to get involved in this and found that my
results are different than the vendors result by as much as 10-15 degrees on
measuring on a same magnetic component.  Even applying the thermocouple to
different location on a coil seems to give you different results.  Is there
a method that I should be following to measure temperature with
thermocouples methods, not change of resistance, on magnetic parts such as
transformers, coils, etc.?

*******