Rich,
> UL does not accept HAR cordage in the USA because the HAR
> cordage does not meet the UL/ANSI standards for cordage.
>
> Likewise UL/ANSI cordage does not meet HAR requirements.

Cordage that is Harmonized and UL/CSA-listed is rare but not impossible to find.
Feller offers these "Universal" cordage styles:
*  HARSVT, 2x18AWG
*  HARSJT, 2x18AWG
*  HARSJT, 2x16AWG
*  HARSVT, 3x18AWG
*  HARSJT, 3x18AWG
*  HARSJT, 3x16AWG
*  HARSJT, 3x14AWG

For the Lexmark Marknet XLe External Printer Servers we used a 10-foot jumper
cord made of Feller's HARSVT, 3x18AWG cordage  with molded-on IEC-320 C13 and
IEC-320 C14 connectors.   The XLe  had worldwide approvals, and we marketed it
worldwide with just the one jumper cord.

The power supply for our Marknet Pro External Print Servers uses a similar
3x16AWG cordage.  This power supply has been approved by UL, CSA, SAA, MITI,
FIMKO, and SEMKO, with the cordage made by  YEH YANG and LU CHIANG.

                                                   John Barnes   Advisory
Engineer
                                                   Lexmark International