Hi Ken:

See my paper on floating circuits in the Product Safety
Newsletter:

    http://www.ewh.ieee.org/soc/emcs/pstc/tech-spk.htm

This should answer all your questions.  If not, please
get back to me, and I'll answer any additional questions
you may have.

Best regards,
Rich

ps:  Provide a copy to your certification houses.