From: Colgan, Chris [mailto:chris.col...@tagmclarenaudio.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 4:51 AM
To: 'Emc-Pstc' (E-mail)
Subject: RE: EN55022 vrs. FCC Part 15

No.
The class B FCC limits for conducted disturbance at the mains ports are
lower than EN55022 class B.
QP limits:
FCC - 0.45 to 30MHz = 48dBuV
EN - 0.15 to 0.5MHz = 66 to 56dBuV (decreasing linearly with the log of
frequency)
       0.5 to 5MHz = 56dBuV
       5 to 30MHz = 60dBuV
Radiated disturbance is performed at 3m for FCC and 10m for EN55022.  The
limits and are different.
QP limits:
FCC @ 3m - 30 to 88MHz = 34dBuV/m
                   88 to 216MHz = 37.5dBuV/m
                   216 to 960MHz = 40dBuV/m
                   960 to 1000MHz = 48dBuV/m
EN @ 10m - 30 to 230MHz = 30dBuV/m
                   230 to 1000MHz = 37dBuV/m

I'm afraid the only way to compare the two standards is to buy copies of
them.

Chris Colgan
EMC & Safety
> TAG McLaren Audio Ltd
The Summit, Latham Road
Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6ZU
United Kingdom

           Please visit us at www.tagmclarenaudio.com

The contents of this E-mail are confidential and for the exclusive
use of the intended recipient. If you receive this E-mail in error,
please delete it from your system immediately and notify us either
by E-mail, telephone or fax. You  should not  copy, forward or
otherwise disclose the content of the E-mail.

TAG McLaren Audio Ltd
The Summit, 11 Latham Road
Huntingdon, Cambs, PE29 6ZU
Telephone : 01480 415600 (+44 1480 415600)
Facsimile : 01480 52159 (+44 1480 52159)

           Please visit us at www.tagmclarenaudio.com