Further on HD topics, I reviewed several HDs on the IHS web site and found
them to not be of much use, beyond giving standard references in each
country for the point of harmonization, with dates of withdrawal, and the
like.  I didn't find any, in the dozen or so I looked at, covering diverse
topics, that gave any technical details on what was agreed to.  There may be
some that do, but I didn't see any.

HD 472 S1:1989 and HD 472 S1/A1:1995 are four and two pages long,
respectively.  HD 472 S1:1989 does have two national deviations on the last
page, for Italy and the UK.  HD 472 S1/A1:1995 amends HD 472 S1:1989 to
remove the UK deviation.  Otherwise, both are very short on details.  HD472
modifies IEC Publication 38 (now IEC 60038), STANDARD VOLTAGES, CURRENT
RATINGS AND FREQUENCIES (Applies to: a.c. transmission, distribution and
utilization systems and equipment with standard frequencies 50 Hz and 60 Hz
and a nominal voltage above 100 V; a.c. and d.c. traction systems; a.c. and
d.c. equipment with nominal voltages below 120 V a.c. or below 750 V d.c.).
IEC 60038 is on the sixth edition, second amendment (1997-10), per the IEC
web site.  I suspect all the relevant changes are in this latest document.

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE
ptar...@nortelnetworks.com