I am having a difficult time answering the following question for a
non-technical person.  Hopefully, someone can put the answer into a language
that a non-technical person can understand.

We have a 400 MHz clock and are failing radiated emissions at 10 meters by 10 dB
at 400 MHz.  We bring the product back to our lab and start making modifications
on the clock circuit and taking measurements with a near field probe.  With
these modifications and measuring with a near field probe, we realize a 10 dB
reduction in emissions at 400 MHz.  Why would we not see the same reduction when
taking the product back to a 10 meter site?

Your help is appreciated.

Regards

Joe Martin
marti...@appliedbiosystems.com