Jim and Group,

I wonder, how the mail client of the receivers  could double the  mails.

I suspect some of us use "reply to all" or "reply" (in this case the would
add emc-p...@ieee.org).

To produce this answer I hit "reply to all" in compuserve 4.0

Best regards

George

Nachricht geschrieben von Jim Bacher

I had a total of 14 responses to the question on who gets doubles.  Only 12
reported they were actually getting doubles.  Of that 12, 11 were running
Microsoft Outlook and 1 was running Eudora.  I know of a couple others who
are
still having problems (they use Outlook).  One of our list members is
looking to
see if he can find a patch for it.  At this moment in time it looks a lot
like
it might be in the Client Software, which is why the IEEE can not see the
problem.  The system admin working on the problem is using Outlook and
found it
to be the cause of his duplicates from the list. If there are people on the
list
who use something else other than Outlook and are getting duplicates,
please let
me know.

Jim
<

* Dr. Georg M. Dancau       * HAUNI MASCHINENBAU AG          *
* g.m.dan...@ieee.org       * Manager Technology Research    *
* TEL: +49 40 7250 2102     * K.A.Koerber Chaussee 8..32     *
* FAX: +49 40 7250 3801     * 21033 Hamburg, Germany         *
* home: Tel: +49 4122 99451 * Hauptstr. 60a                  *
*       Fax: +49 4122 99454 * 25492 Heist, Germany           *