Ok,

1.  I could not find a current link to The SMA Handbook for Suppliers that I
originally downloaded in 1996. I explained in an earlier email that, since
that time, administration of the Australian Framework for EMC switched over
from the Australian Spectrum Management Agency  (SMA) to the Australian
Communications Authority (ACA).

2.  The document that Laura found is what I consider to be the ACA's newer
equivalent (see her message below for how to access this document) to the
handbook.    According to that document, AS/NZS 4252.1 is equivalent to EN
50082-1.    The new "handbook" is very similar to the one.  I have updated
my files in document control with the new version.

3.  I noticed a couple major difference between the new document and the
old.

The new document is 19 pages, where the old was 40+

It appears that the appendices are different. The old listed equivalent
European standards in Appendix B.  the new lists them in Appendix A.

Both documents list the Australian NATA (National Association of Testing
Authorities) as the organization having ultimate authority to accredit
laboratories with respect to the Framework for EMC.   However, the old
handbook had a list of other national authorities which had Memoranda of
Understanding (MOU) with the NATA.  For the United States, NVLAP (National
Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program) and A2LA (American Association
of Laboratory Accreditation) were listed.  The newer document has no such
list.  It appears that we now have to download a few documents from the ACA
site in order to get the equivalent information that was once all included
in the SMA's Handbook for Suppliers.

That's all for now.

Chris Maxwell, Design Engineer
GN Nettest Optical Division