Flying leads are acceptable, input filters use them often. It is the final
termination that has the control. Crimp splices are not allowed, however
crimp terminations (double crimp type for primary or hazardous voltages) and
terminal blocks as terminations are allowed. I have never seen a flying lead
this long but there are some requirements for length, I believe 3M is the
longest for a wire run.

Scott Barrows
Senior Product Safety Engineer
KTL Dallas