From: Carmen.Filimon [mailto:carmen.fili...@leitch.com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2000 1:55 PM
To: 'IEEE emc-pstc list'
Subject: Fiber optics Issue

Please, could anyone give me some advice regarding the fiber optics?
As I know the IEC 825-1 (and CFR Title 21 for US) and IEC 825-2 are used as
reference lasers safety standards.
What' s the procedure for certification process of a product (certified with
IEC 65) which incorporate fiber optics (as both source and receiver on the
same module).
Is it requested an IEC 825-1 report attached to the IEC 65 report (what kind
of measurements) made by a certified Laser Lab?
Or is it enough just a statement from the laser products manufacturer with
the proper classification and affixed on the shipping box the warning label
with the statement of Class 1 or any other, according to IEC 825-1 or CFR
21.

I want to know more about the from your experience. Thank you for any idea
or advice,

Best regards,
Carmen
Leitch Technology Int'l