Interesting and worrying.  Does EN60950 call up flammability requirements
for polymeric enclosures?  If not, I guess I had better look for a PC with a
NRTL mark as well as a CE mark - and then check it is V-0 rated.

You may be amazed to know that while UL6500 (safety of audio visual
products) calls up flammability requirements for all product enclosures, the
current edition EN60065 only requires the back and ventilated parts of
television receiver enclosures to made of "slow burning material or better a
fire retardant material".  There is no requirement for other products such
as amplifiers, CD players etc.  The next edition of EN60065 addresses the
problems of enclosure flammability but there must an awful lot of highly
flammable hi-fi equipment out there.  Think twice before placing that
yuletide candle on top of your hi-fi stack.

Regards

Chris Colgan
EMC & Safety
TAG McLaren Audio Ltd