Dear all,

I guess I should have known better than to open a can of worms and then
have the audacity to take a day off!! I returned today ( Tuesday) to find my
in-folder overflowing with opinions on this matter.

It is quite obvious that John's presence is treasured by quite a large
percentage of the list.

However, there has been noticeable shift in the tone of the messages
addressing the issue in that there is some degree of casting the
administrator as the villain of the peace here (contrary to the Hollywood
norm which always has the English guy as the villain!). This is neither
right nor fair (I am not talking about Hollywood anymore although it wouldn't
do them any harm to take notes!!). It was certainly not the intention of my
original posting and my appeal was to both John and the list admin.

My apologies to the list administrator for this misunderstanding and unfortunate
change in ethos.

I think it best we leave the matter to John and the administrator
to resolve.

To this end, Chris Maxwell writes ..

>> If there is any "peacemaking" to be done here, I suggest that
>> John and the admin in question work it out off-line.

Agreed. Chris adds...

>> I suggest that if a third party get involved, that it also be off-line.
>> (I suggest Tania.  She'll straighten them out :-))

So ... what are you saying Chris .. Kofi Annan not good enough for you?

But seriously, let us not point fingers and leave the gentlemen to work it
out. The most we can do is appeal to John to reconsider HIS decision.

Best regards everyone.

- Chris

Don't you just love the swooshing sound deadlines make as they go
flying past!