I knew someone was going to ask this..
A few years back, I was attending a UL 1950 seminar in Minneapolis.
One of the presenters (a fellow named 'Bahra') happened to mention
that UL has a specification for the 'electric chair'.

The operating current was quoted by him to not exceed 70ma.

I jotted down this figure, but unfortunately the voltage and clause
was not mentioned, and I was hesitant to ask.  The topic at the
time was AC electric shock.  In my copy of the slide presentation
(slide 25), I noted the effects: (for AC electric shock, verbatim,
with figures added as quoted)

-perception                   .05 to .5ma
-reaction                     2 to 5ma
-inability to let-go          5 to 20ma
-ventricular fibrillation     20ma +
-cell damage                  20 to 70ma
-burn hazard        (high frequency)

No voltages or frequency were specified..

btw,
I lived in Portland, Or. in the 70's and had a friend that
worked at the Tek Wilsonville plant.  He had the most amazing
set of tools...I think I kinda bonded with him.
Now, I have even more tools than he did..
<Tim Allen porking in background>

Kyle Ehler  KCOIQE
<mailto:kyle.eh...@lsil.com>
Assistant Design Engineer