Hi Dan:

>   Does anyone know what voltage is used in electric chairs?  Just Curious.

I'm sorry you asked.  The electric chair is one of
the more barbarous methods of execution.

The voltage is a function of time, and varies with
the execution authority.  The voltage is in the range
of 1000-2000 volts, sometimes more, sometimes less.

For more than you would ever want to know, including
the voltage specs, see:

    http://www.theelectricchair.com/

You will need to use "search the site" to find voltage
and other details.  Be sure to read "biology of
electrocution."  Also check out the "botched
electrocutions."

Here are other sites I found as the result of a web
search.  The descriptions and pictures are gruesome
and are not recommended.

    http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6142/chair.html
    http://www.albany.edu/~brandon/sparky.html
    http://hypertextbook.com/facts/NancyRyan.shtml
    http://hypertextbook.com/facts/AprilDunetz.shtml
    http://members.aol.com/karlkeys/chair.htm
    http://www.pdimages.com/X0029.html-ssi
    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/joliet/prisons/chair2.html
    http://noop.rotten.com/chair/
    http://library.thinkquest.org/23685/data/chair.html
    http://www.capitalcentury.com/1907.html
    http://www.fcc.state.fl.us/fcc/reports/methods/emappa.html
    http://www.hatchoo.com/deathrow/
    http://www.ariel.com/au/jokes/The_Electric_Chair.html
    http://northstargallery.com/pages/Electric01.htm

This site has some body impedance data taken during
several executions.  The descriptions and arguments
are explicit and gruesome.

    http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/drorder.html

Calculate the power (E x I) dissipated in the body.

Regards,
Rich