You are almost there.

The FCC ID belongs to the original manufacture (or grantee) known as A
in this example.  However, if someone wnats to privite label the product,
and sell under vendor B's name, he/she may simply replace the name, model,
etc. with their own words, but keep the FCC ID the same.  Obviously updating
and necessary customer information and instructions.

This does leave a trail open when a vendor (B) does not want the
purchaser (Customer) to know where the product originated.  The
knowledge customer can simply to to the FCC web site and determine
the original grantee.

If the vendor (B) does not wish this trail, then he/she will have to
re-certify
the product with the FCC (actually the TCB now in most cases) and
have a get a new Grantee (AKA - applicant's) code if one does not already
exist.  Vendor B, with the approval of Grantee A, would then apply for
a new Grant of Equipment Authorization which authorized the new
FCC ID to be used on the model sold by Vendor B without a paper trail
back to Grantee A.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion.

John Shinn, P.E.
Manager, Lab. Operations]