Currently, we have a product undergoing UL60950 approval and there seems to
be some debate about the classification of the TNV voltages.  Our product
has the following TNV circuits:  T1, a POTS modem line and DSL w/span power
(up to 190Vdc).  The approval agency is classifying the circuits as follows:
T1 - TNV-1, POTS - TNV-3 and DSL - Hazardous Voltage secondary circuit.

My question is; by definition, shouldn't the DSL circuits fall under the
TNV-3 and not Hazardous Voltage secondary circuit.  The major difference is
when you are determining the creepage and clearance distances.  At TNV-3 you
are allowed basic insulation between TNV-3 circuits and SELV circuits but at
the Haz Voltage Reinforced insulation is required.

Thanks,
Perry Hopkins
Conklin Corporation
Ph: (770) 662-0317