Someone suggested I go to the ACA web site to look for the
requested information.  As a testament to my previous
research on the topic, I present the following.

In my own research, I have found the Telecommunications
Labelling (Customer Equipment and Customer Cabling) Notice
2001.  In this document, in Schedule 1 Technical standards
and compliance levels, Part 1 Interpretation, Section 1 ,
paragraph (3), is a reference to TS001-1997 (Safety
Requirements for Customer Equipment) as the applicable
standard.   TS001-1997, unless amended at some later date
than my copy, clearly points to AS3260 and not AS60950.

Reference directly to AS3260 is in this document at:

Part 2, in the notes to the tables "Items to which
applicable standards apply"

Part 3, Section 3.8, paragraph (3) (discussing cabling
equipment)

Further, in the "TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT 1997 EXPLANATORY
STATEMENT TELECOMMUNICATIONS LABELLING (CUSTOMER EQUIPMENT
AND CUSTOMER CABLING) NOTICE 2001" at

http://www.aca.gov.au/labelling/telecom/ES2001.htm

"Paragraphs 3.8(2)(c), (d) and subsection 3.8(3) specify
other details that are required to be recorded on the
cabling equipment where applicable. These details relate to
the equipment’s international protection rating against
Australian Standard AS/NZS 1939 and seek to distinguish the
associated cabling equipment from hazardous electrical
circuits and from hazardous electrical services as detailed
in Australian Standard AS/NZS 3260."

Looks like nothing is available from the ACA on the topic of
when AS60950 will replace AS3260.

So my question stands.

Regards,

Peter L. Tarver, PE