Regarding the issue how well the CSA NRTL mark is acceptable in the U.S. and
how well the cUL mark is acceptable in Canada;--  this is where it really pays
to know and understand your customer.

CSA for many many years now has a very heavy advertising campaign in Canada
that only products that are CSA Certified are "safe to use" by the consumer.
I seriously doubt that today they also include the cUL mark in the same ad!
Thus, the conscientious Canadian consumer would probably not recognize the cUL
Listing mark.   On the other hand, in my previous job we were shipping
equipment to Bell Canada and other big enterprise customers with the cUL mark
with absolutely no problem.

I have also seen UL acceptance of the CSA mark with no problem.   My gut feel
is that UL would accept the CSA mark before they would accept another NRTL
mark, but I have no proof of this statement.

As far as the U.S. consumer is concerned, my gut feel (and also with no proof)
is that 97% of them could care less what markings are on the equipment they
buy.   Several of my peers at work ever so often drop buy and announce to me
proudly that they purchased something that had the UL/CSA/CE or whatever
appropriate markings on the product.  The reason that they are proud is because
the recognized something I was telling them about previously.   And how often
does this happen??????

Know and find out what your costumer wants and expects.

taniagr...@msn.com